Moving Companies Bellingham WA

Moving Companies in Bellingham, WA. Find addresses and phone numbers of local business and services that provide access to Moving Companies in Bellingham, WA.

Economy Storage & Rental
(360) 398-1601
120 West Smith Road
Bellingham, WA
Pantec Mini-Storage
(360) 676-9330
4653 Guide Meridian
Bellingham, WA
Samish Ridge Apartments
(360) 647-0205
3966 Byron Avenue
Bellingham, WA
Celebrity Storage
(360) 647-0533
3340 Airport Drive
Bellingham, WA
Ahren's Storage
(360) 966-7274
5989 Everson Goshen Road
Bellingham, WA
McGavin Properties Inc
(360) 676-9364
4653 Guide Meridian
Bellingham, WA
Advance Storage
(360) 398-8700
5373 Guide Meridian
Bellingham, WA
U-haul Co.
(360) 676-0503
4340 Pacific Hwy
Bellingham, WA
Whatcom House Movers
(360) 676-1799
2200 Division St Suite E
Bellingham, WA
All Avenues Moving Inc
(360) 734-8652
3829 Brownsville Drive
Bellingham, WA

Who Can Claim Moving Expenses with the IRS?

Not everyone who moves can deduct moving expenses when they file their income tax returns. Your move has to be work-related, meaning you changed job locations, started a new job, or moved to seek a new job and were successful in obtaining one.

There are exceptions for retirees and survivors who are moving back to the U.S. from oversees.

And there are (of course) conditions.

The IRS calls these conditions “tests.” The “time” test, the “distance" test and the “work-related” test.

The Work Related Test

Say you pick up all your stuff and move. It isn’t actually necessary that you already have a job in the new location. If your moving expenses occurred within one year of the date you first report on the job in the new location, your move is “work-related.”

So… what happens if you delay moving your family and household until 18 months after you start work because you want your son or daughter to finish high school at their old school?

Well, the IRS isn’t entirely heartless. They make exceptions if you have a good reason.

The Distance Test

Your new job location has to be at least 50 miles further from your home than your old job location.

For example, say you used to drive 15 miles to work from your previous home. That means you new job must be at least 65 miles away from where you used to live. Otherwise, you don’t meet the “distance” test.

This doesn’t mean that you have to move 50 miles. All it means is that your new job must be 50 miles further from your former home than your old job.

Click here to read more