Moving Companies Billings MT

Moving Companies in Billings, MT. Find addresses and phone numbers of local business and services that provide access to Moving Companies in Billings, MT.

LP Services
(406) 698-1112
1108 South 28th Street
Billings, MT
Valley Express Inc Valley Logistics
(406) 252-7800
1224 USHighway 87 East
Billings, MT
N C Miniwarehouse
(406) 252-7088
2351 Ushighway 87 East
Billings, MT
Downtown Storage
(406) 254-7317
1305 Montana Avenue
Billings, MT
Whitewood Transportation Inc
(406) 245-8030
1148 1st Avenue North Suite 208
Billings, MT
Macs Used Boxes
(406) 252-1555
1702 1st Avenue North
Billings, MT
Corcoran Raymond Trucking Inc - Shop
(406) 252-7162
532 Klenck Lane
Billings, MT
Eddie White Inc
(406) 256-1275
5130 Encampment Trail
Billings, MT
Ye Ole Clock Shop
(406) 259-4924
2301 Montana Ave
Billings, MT
Lawrence B J
(406) 656-9406
3412 Duck Creek Road
Billings, MT

Who Can Claim Moving Expenses with the IRS?

Not everyone who moves can deduct moving expenses when they file their income tax returns. Your move has to be work-related, meaning you changed job locations, started a new job, or moved to seek a new job and were successful in obtaining one.

There are exceptions for retirees and survivors who are moving back to the U.S. from oversees.

And there are (of course) conditions.

The IRS calls these conditions “tests.” The “time” test, the “distance" test and the “work-related” test.

The Work Related Test

Say you pick up all your stuff and move. It isn’t actually necessary that you already have a job in the new location. If your moving expenses occurred within one year of the date you first report on the job in the new location, your move is “work-related.”

So… what happens if you delay moving your family and household until 18 months after you start work because you want your son or daughter to finish high school at their old school?

Well, the IRS isn’t entirely heartless. They make exceptions if you have a good reason.

The Distance Test

Your new job location has to be at least 50 miles further from your home than your old job location.

For example, say you used to drive 15 miles to work from your previous home. That means you new job must be at least 65 miles away from where you used to live. Otherwise, you don’t meet the “distance” test.

This doesn’t mean that you have to move 50 miles. All it means is that your new job must be 50 miles further from your former home than your old job.

Click here to read more