Moving Companies Fairbanks AK

Moving Companies in Fairbanks, AK. Find addresses and phone numbers of local business and services that provide access to Moving Companies in Fairbanks, AK.

In Storage
(907) 451-9479
2020 South Cushman Street
Fairbanks, AK
Alaska Moving And Storage Inc
(907) 451-8765
3525 Industrial Avenue
Fairbanks, AK
Glacier State Moving & Storage
(907) 451-0525
620 Old Richardson Highway Suite 100
Fairbanks, AK
Alaska Relocations Moving And Storage
(907) 456-3500
3501 Lathrop Street Suite H
Fairbanks, AK
Nordic Movers Inc
(907) 452-1288
1426 Well Street
Fairbanks, AK
Sourdough Express Inc
(907) 452-1181
600 Driveway Street
Fairbanks, AK
Yukon Maxi Storage
(907) 474-4000
2333 Van Horn Road
Fairbanks, AK
North American Van Lines Agent
(907) 452-1286
1426 Well Street
Fairbanks, AK
A Mini Storage
(907) 456-3279
3600 Easy Street
Fairbanks, AK
Frontier Transportation
(907) 452-1651
1095 Sanduri Street
Fairbanks, AK

Who Can Claim Moving Expenses with the IRS?

Not everyone who moves can deduct moving expenses when they file their income tax returns. Your move has to be work-related, meaning you changed job locations, started a new job, or moved to seek a new job and were successful in obtaining one.

There are exceptions for retirees and survivors who are moving back to the U.S. from oversees.

And there are (of course) conditions.

The IRS calls these conditions “tests.” The “time” test, the “distance" test and the “work-related” test.

The Work Related Test

Say you pick up all your stuff and move. It isn’t actually necessary that you already have a job in the new location. If your moving expenses occurred within one year of the date you first report on the job in the new location, your move is “work-related.”

So… what happens if you delay moving your family and household until 18 months after you start work because you want your son or daughter to finish high school at their old school?

Well, the IRS isn’t entirely heartless. They make exceptions if you have a good reason.

The Distance Test

Your new job location has to be at least 50 miles further from your home than your old job location.

For example, say you used to drive 15 miles to work from your previous home. That means you new job must be at least 65 miles away from where you used to live. Otherwise, you don’t meet the “distance” test.

This doesn’t mean that you have to move 50 miles. All it means is that your new job must be 50 miles further from your former home than your old job.

Click here to read more