Moving Companies Jonesboro AR

Moving Companies in Jonesboro, AR. Find addresses and phone numbers of local business and services that provide access to Moving Companies in Jonesboro, AR.

Equipment Haulers Inc
(870) 932-2284
110 South Gee Street
Jonesboro, AR
Stone Container
(870) 932-5620
2604 Commerce Drive
Jonesboro, AR
Ralphs Trailer Rentals
(870) 972-0885
4223 East Johnson Avenue
Jonesboro, AR
Re/Max Real Estate Centre
(870) 933-6919
2102 Fowler Ave
Jonesboro, AR
RGB Mechanical Contractors Inc - Auto Shop- Shop
(870) 972-0885
4221 East Johnson Avenue
Jonesboro, AR
Citadel Mini Storage
(870) 933-8124
125 Leggett Street
Jonesboro, AR
GMR Transportation
(870) 802-3155
2717 East Nettleton Avenue
Jonesboro, AR
Budget Mini Storage
(870) 932-0923
1819 Cain Street
Jonesboro, AR
Central Storage
(870) 802-9353
1402 East Washington Avenue
Jonesboro, AR
Allied Delivery Service
(870) 931-9000
3606 East Highland Drive
Jonesboro, AR

Who Can Claim Moving Expenses with the IRS?

Not everyone who moves can deduct moving expenses when they file their income tax returns. Your move has to be work-related, meaning you changed job locations, started a new job, or moved to seek a new job and were successful in obtaining one.

There are exceptions for retirees and survivors who are moving back to the U.S. from oversees.

And there are (of course) conditions.

The IRS calls these conditions “tests.” The “time” test, the “distance" test and the “work-related” test.

The Work Related Test

Say you pick up all your stuff and move. It isn’t actually necessary that you already have a job in the new location. If your moving expenses occurred within one year of the date you first report on the job in the new location, your move is “work-related.”

So… what happens if you delay moving your family and household until 18 months after you start work because you want your son or daughter to finish high school at their old school?

Well, the IRS isn’t entirely heartless. They make exceptions if you have a good reason.

The Distance Test

Your new job location has to be at least 50 miles further from your home than your old job location.

For example, say you used to drive 15 miles to work from your previous home. That means you new job must be at least 65 miles away from where you used to live. Otherwise, you don’t meet the “distance” test.

This doesn’t mean that you have to move 50 miles. All it means is that your new job must be 50 miles further from your former home than your old job.

Click here to read more