Moving Companies Juneau AK

Moving Companies in Juneau, AK. Find addresses and phone numbers of local business and services that provide access to Moving Companies in Juneau, AK.

Glacier Mini Storage
(907) 780-8600
5442 Shaune Drive
Juneau, AK
Outdoor Outfitters
(907) 780-6633
5750 Glacier Highway
Juneau, AK
Coleman American
(907) 780-4374
5344 Shaune Drive
Juneau, AK
AUER Mini Storage
(907) 790-8888
5421 Commercial Boulevard
Juneau, AK
Uhaul Co
(907) 789-7098
10011 Glacier Highway
Juneau, AK
Reliable Transfer Corporation
(907) 789-1490
8717 Mallard Street
Juneau, AK
Downtown Mini Storage
(907) 586-6404
1330 Eastaugh Way
Juneau, AK
Airport Mini Storage
(907) 789-0580
8600 Airport Boulevard
Juneau, AK
Juneau Self Storage
(907) 586-6464
175 South Franklin Street
Juneau, AK
Porta Shop Crane Service
(907) 780-4221
Po Box 20729
Juneau, AK

Who Can Claim Moving Expenses with the IRS?

Not everyone who moves can deduct moving expenses when they file their income tax returns. Your move has to be work-related, meaning you changed job locations, started a new job, or moved to seek a new job and were successful in obtaining one.

There are exceptions for retirees and survivors who are moving back to the U.S. from oversees.

And there are (of course) conditions.

The IRS calls these conditions “tests.” The “time” test, the “distance" test and the “work-related” test.

The Work Related Test

Say you pick up all your stuff and move. It isn’t actually necessary that you already have a job in the new location. If your moving expenses occurred within one year of the date you first report on the job in the new location, your move is “work-related.”

So… what happens if you delay moving your family and household until 18 months after you start work because you want your son or daughter to finish high school at their old school?

Well, the IRS isn’t entirely heartless. They make exceptions if you have a good reason.

The Distance Test

Your new job location has to be at least 50 miles further from your home than your old job location.

For example, say you used to drive 15 miles to work from your previous home. That means you new job must be at least 65 miles away from where you used to live. Otherwise, you don’t meet the “distance” test.

This doesn’t mean that you have to move 50 miles. All it means is that your new job must be 50 miles further from your former home than your old job.

Click here to read more