Moving Companies State College PA

Moving Companies in State College, PA. Find addresses and phone numbers of local business and services that provide access to Moving Companies in State College, PA.

U-Haul Co
(814) 234-8719
1235 Benner Pike
State College, PA
Hold It Self Storage
(814) 238-7050
2411 North Atherton Street
State College, PA
Keystone Relocation LLc
(814) 237-0887
2929 Stewart Dr
State College, PA
Houtz Self Storage
(814) 692-8232
25 Tld Circle
Port Matilda, PA
Park Center Carriers
(814) 234-7090
Pleasant Gap, PA
Fiamingo Moving & Storage
(814) 234-7323
25 Maynard Street
State College, PA
Hoy Transfer Inc
(814) 237-4975
2580 Clyde Avenue
State College, PA
U-Haul Co
(814) 692-4475
7805 S Valley Rd
Port Matilda, PA
Moove in Self Storage
(814) 632-6683
3988 Warriors Mark Path
Warriors Mark, PA
Parks Moving Systems Inc
(814) 359-3406
West College Avenue
Bellefonte, PA

Who Can Claim Moving Expenses with the IRS?

Not everyone who moves can deduct moving expenses when they file their income tax returns. Your move has to be work-related, meaning you changed job locations, started a new job, or moved to seek a new job and were successful in obtaining one.

There are exceptions for retirees and survivors who are moving back to the U.S. from oversees.

And there are (of course) conditions.

The IRS calls these conditions “tests.” The “time” test, the “distance" test and the “work-related” test.

The Work Related Test

Say you pick up all your stuff and move. It isn’t actually necessary that you already have a job in the new location. If your moving expenses occurred within one year of the date you first report on the job in the new location, your move is “work-related.”

So… what happens if you delay moving your family and household until 18 months after you start work because you want your son or daughter to finish high school at their old school?

Well, the IRS isn’t entirely heartless. They make exceptions if you have a good reason.

The Distance Test

Your new job location has to be at least 50 miles further from your home than your old job location.

For example, say you used to drive 15 miles to work from your previous home. That means you new job must be at least 65 miles away from where you used to live. Otherwise, you don’t meet the “distance” test.

This doesn’t mean that you have to move 50 miles. All it means is that your new job must be 50 miles further from your former home than your old job.

Click here to read more