Moving Companies Sterling Heights MI

Moving Companies in Sterling Heights, MI. Find addresses and phone numbers of local business and services that provide access to Moving Companies in Sterling Heights, MI.

Public Storage
(586) 826-3793
35800 Mound Road
Sterling Heights, MI
Uhaul Co
(586) 254-7514
44621 Mound Rd
Sterling Heights, MI
Uhaul Co
(586) 978-9531
35320 Mound Rd
Sterling Hts, MI
(586) 731-4600
42600 Mound Road
Sterling Heights, MI
Carroll Products
(586) 731-9139
44056 Phoenix Drive
Sterling Heights, MI
D And D Motor Homes Conversion Va Cmpr Rental Unts And S
(586) 979-6340
33350 Mound Road
Sterling Heights, MI
Aone Affordable Mini Storage
(586) 739-3352
42738 Merrill Road
Sterling Heights, MI
Five Points Moving
(248) 855-6565
Sterling Heights, MI
A Low Cost Self Storage
(586) 726-1740
42557 Van Dyke Avenue
Sterling Heights, MI
International Industrial Contracting Corporation
(586) 264-7070
35900 Mound Road
Sterling Heights, MI

Who Can Claim Moving Expenses with the IRS?

Not everyone who moves can deduct moving expenses when they file their income tax returns. Your move has to be work-related, meaning you changed job locations, started a new job, or moved to seek a new job and were successful in obtaining one.

There are exceptions for retirees and survivors who are moving back to the U.S. from oversees.

And there are (of course) conditions.

The IRS calls these conditions “tests.” The “time” test, the “distance" test and the “work-related” test.

The Work Related Test

Say you pick up all your stuff and move. It isn’t actually necessary that you already have a job in the new location. If your moving expenses occurred within one year of the date you first report on the job in the new location, your move is “work-related.”

So… what happens if you delay moving your family and household until 18 months after you start work because you want your son or daughter to finish high school at their old school?

Well, the IRS isn’t entirely heartless. They make exceptions if you have a good reason.

The Distance Test

Your new job location has to be at least 50 miles further from your home than your old job location.

For example, say you used to drive 15 miles to work from your previous home. That means you new job must be at least 65 miles away from where you used to live. Otherwise, you don’t meet the “distance” test.

This doesn’t mean that you have to move 50 miles. All it means is that your new job must be 50 miles further from your former home than your old job.

Click here to read more