Moving Companies Sunnyvale CA

Moving Companies in Sunnyvale, CA. Find addresses and phone numbers of local business and services that provide access to Moving Companies in Sunnyvale, CA.

Whitfield Wendell L Great Western Realty
(408) 739-1300
543 South Murphy Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA
Household Brokers Agency llc
(866) 521-0833
Sunnyvale, CA
Air 1 Moving And Storage
(408) 773-0077
111 Uranium Drive
Sunnyvale, CA
All Aboard Mini Storage Sunnyvale
(408) 746-0344
106 Lawrence Station Road
Sunnyvale, CA
Starlite Storage
(408) 773-0632
922 East Evelyn Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA
Budget Truck And Rental
(408) 976-0758
1177 West San Carlos
Sunnyvale, CA
Advanced Moving Company
(408) 737-7015
213 East Maude Avenue Suite 101
Sunnyvale, CA
Shurgard Self Storage
(408) 735-9011
1060 Stewart Drive
Sunnyvale, CA
Sunnyvale Self Storage
(408) 732-7791
360 East Evelyn Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA
Japan Relocation Inc
(408) 733-2778
1250 Oakmead Parkway Suite 116
Sunnyvale, CA

Who Can Claim Moving Expenses with the IRS?

Not everyone who moves can deduct moving expenses when they file their income tax returns. Your move has to be work-related, meaning you changed job locations, started a new job, or moved to seek a new job and were successful in obtaining one.

There are exceptions for retirees and survivors who are moving back to the U.S. from oversees.

And there are (of course) conditions.

The IRS calls these conditions “tests.” The “time” test, the “distance" test and the “work-related” test.

The Work Related Test

Say you pick up all your stuff and move. It isn’t actually necessary that you already have a job in the new location. If your moving expenses occurred within one year of the date you first report on the job in the new location, your move is “work-related.”

So… what happens if you delay moving your family and household until 18 months after you start work because you want your son or daughter to finish high school at their old school?

Well, the IRS isn’t entirely heartless. They make exceptions if you have a good reason.

The Distance Test

Your new job location has to be at least 50 miles further from your home than your old job location.

For example, say you used to drive 15 miles to work from your previous home. That means you new job must be at least 65 miles away from where you used to live. Otherwise, you don’t meet the “distance” test.

This doesn’t mean that you have to move 50 miles. All it means is that your new job must be 50 miles further from your former home than your old job.

Click here to read more