Moving Companies Victoria TX

Moving Companies in Victoria, TX. Find addresses and phone numbers of local business and services that provide access to Moving Companies in Victoria, TX.

American Boat & R V Storage
(361) 578-6740
435 Schell Road
Victoria, TX
Alamo Mini Storage
(361) 572-9362
2801 Sam Houston Drive
Victoria, TX
American Pumping & Trucking
(361) 572-4833
2905 USHighway 59 North
Victoria, TX
Mornington Community
(361) 578-0291
1204 South Laurent Street
Victoria, TX
Allied Van Lines Inc
(361) 575-2309
1507 North Ben Jordan Street
Victoria, TX
U-Haul Co
(361) 576-4098
4703 John Stockbauer Dr
Victoria, TX
Bambi Road - HWY 87 Storage
(361) 573-9692
2186 Oliver Road
Victoria, TX
Budget Truck Rental
(361) 575-0009
1402 East Rio Grande Street
Victoria, TX
Crossroads Movers Inc
(361) 576-0100
504 East Crestwood Drive
Victoria, TX
Bosart Lock & Key Inc
(361) 575-0536
801 East Rio Grande Street
Victoria, TX

Who Can Claim Moving Expenses with the IRS?

Not everyone who moves can deduct moving expenses when they file their income tax returns. Your move has to be work-related, meaning you changed job locations, started a new job, or moved to seek a new job and were successful in obtaining one.

There are exceptions for retirees and survivors who are moving back to the U.S. from oversees.

And there are (of course) conditions.

The IRS calls these conditions “tests.” The “time” test, the “distance" test and the “work-related” test.

The Work Related Test

Say you pick up all your stuff and move. It isn’t actually necessary that you already have a job in the new location. If your moving expenses occurred within one year of the date you first report on the job in the new location, your move is “work-related.”

So… what happens if you delay moving your family and household until 18 months after you start work because you want your son or daughter to finish high school at their old school?

Well, the IRS isn’t entirely heartless. They make exceptions if you have a good reason.

The Distance Test

Your new job location has to be at least 50 miles further from your home than your old job location.

For example, say you used to drive 15 miles to work from your previous home. That means you new job must be at least 65 miles away from where you used to live. Otherwise, you don’t meet the “distance” test.

This doesn’t mean that you have to move 50 miles. All it means is that your new job must be 50 miles further from your former home than your old job.

Click here to read more